This version was tested on my blog, backing up 2,340 posts and 294 post comments (each of the 294 files will contain all the comments for a given post. So that's not 294 comments, but that 294 posts had comments and those were backed up/saved to disk...)
I'm also upgrading its status from Alpha to Beta.
By Beta, I mean it works, I use it, others have used it, but there's still stuff to be done to it yet (like supporting other save formats). I considered calling this version RTM, but wanted a "it's still a beta" safety net, just in case... ;)
You can now backup "Only new posts since" date/time. Meaning you can now back up the new posts since your last backup, or posts posted between and a given date/time in the past
The date/time of the newest post backed up is now stored. Making the "Only new posts since" feature that much more useful.
Nuked Blogger 2.0 (Old Blogger) references/etc.
- Removed "Blogger 2.0 (Old Blogger)" as an option
- Added "Only new posts since" feature
- Using this to get the posts posted between now and the given date
- Changed form/control layout
- Added an initial "All Posts since last backup" type of feature
- Now the newest/latest Post's date is saved when backing up.
- The next time that blog is selected; the "Only new posts since" fields will be populated with that date/time.
- Fixed a bug in the "Safe Name" function, where it wouldn't work after creating a "0001" named file.
- So after saving a same-named post for the third time, the application would appear to freeze up.
- Stupid location of a Dim was the cause (Note to Self, Dim/initialize an incrementing variable OUTSIDE the loop ... sigh...)
- Added more reliable Comment saving.
- Added retries and cleaned up the code a little to try to make comment saving more reliable.