NOTE: If the system is not displaying video, pressing and holding the power button until the system shuts down can be used to restart the system.
2. When the message Starting Windows... appears, press the
The Please select the option: screen appears.
3. Use the arrow keys to highlight Enable VGA Mode and press the
Lower the Display Resolution in Display Properties for Microsoft® Windows® XP
1. At the Desktop, right-click on any empty area of the screen, and then click Properties in the menu that appears.
The Display Properties window appears.
2. Click the Settings tab.
3. Move the slider in the Screen Resolution section of the Display Properties windows towards Less until the resolution reads 1024 by 768 pixels.
4. Click the OK button.
The Display Properties windows will disappear.
NOTE: The screen may flicker or pause at a black screen for a few moments as it changes resolution.
5. Click the Start button and then click Turn Off Computer.
The Turn off computer window appears.
6. Click the Restart button and allow the system to restart normally.