I developed this hack for my board after several polls were made by members that were short on options, especially since the poll creators are sometimes biased with the poll options. I am sure you have seen the same on your boards.
This hack allows the poll creator to allow "Write-In Votes" to a poll (single or multiple). I also added the feature to change your vote if the poll is a "write-in vote" poll, you can also allow vote changes on all polls through an admin option (ver 1.2+). This will allow a user to change their vote if they discover a better poll option written in by another user, or if they want to add one or more write-in votes to a multiple choice poll.
An admin/moderator/etc. who has permission to edit a poll can change a poll to make it a write-in poll or not. (ver 1.3+)
The cancel/change vote feature works with single and multiple choice polls.
This is my first hack but please don't let that scare you away, this is a very basic hack.
There are very few permission checks with my hack;
* If you can create a poll, you can make it a write-in vote poll.
* If you can vote on the poll, you can add a write-in vote to a write-in poll.
* If the poll is closed you cannot change your vote or add a write-in vote of course.
* You cannot add a write-in vote to a non write-in vote poll.
* If you can Edit a Poll you can remove a write-in choice.
Located in vBulletin Options "Poll and Thread Rating Options" section.
* Allow users to change their votes in ANY poll. (Default NO)
* Show the username after a write-in vote. (Default Yes)
* If NO a log entry is written to the moderator log as per a request, see pic below
* Since version 3.6.8 vBulletin has had the ability to filter by product in the moderator log so you can filter the write-in votes if you chose not to have the username displayed.
* Files edited: 0
* Templates edited: 3
* Files to install: 1
* Time to install: 5 minutes max
1. Install the Product (Download the XML file)
2. Edit Template polloptions_table